HAP Job Posting
Job Title: Temporary Special Event Assistant (Part-Time)
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Type: Development/Marketing
The Homeless Advocacy Project (HAP) exists to meet the legal and advocacy needs of homeless individuals and families in Philadelphia. With a legal staff of eight (8) and a corps of 350 volunteer lawyers, paralegals, and law students, HAP engages in direct outreach to homeless individuals in need of legal services.
HAP is seeking a temporary part-time Special Event Assistant with a minimum of three years of experience. This position provides support to the Development Director with the planning and implementation of HAP’s Annual Benefit, which occurs in April 2019.
Plan, coordinate, and assist the Development Director with the logistics of the Annual Benefit, including, but not limited to:
- Managing silent auction details and mailings leading up to and during the Benefit
- Drafting mass emails, marketing materials, and updating PowerPoint presentation
- Attending Fundraising Committee meetings (usually by phone)
- Working with outside vendors
- Coordinating all aspects of the Benefit at venue
Write and prepare correspondence and other related documents.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of work experience in meeting/event planning is required.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet search proficiency required.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect a plus.
Please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
HAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.